Sandwich ELISA, Biotin-labelled antibody
At ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store the product at the temperature recommended below.
Store the complete kit at 2 – 8°C. Under these conditions, the kit is stable until the expiration date (see label on the box).
Limit of Detection
n = 8; CV = 6.8%
n = 8; CV = 4.3%
- bovine Non-detectable
- cat Non-detectable
- dog Non-detectable
- goat Non-detectable
- hamster Non-detectable
- horse Non-detectable
- mouse Non-detectable
- pig Non-detectable
- rabbit Non-detectable
- chicken Not tested
- human Yes
- monkey Yes (recommended dilution 1:3)
- rat Non-detectable
- sheep Non-detectable
- European Union: for in vitro diagnostic use
- Rest of the world: for research use only!
- The total assay time is less than 3.5 hours.
- The kit measures Human GDF-15 in serum, plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin).
- Assay format is 96 wells.
- Quality Controls are human serum based. No animal sera are used.
- Standard is recombinant protein based.
- Components of the kit are provided ready to use, concentrated or lyophilized.
Cardiovascular disease, Cytokines and chemokines and related molecules, Oncology, Reproduction
GDF-15/MIC-1 is synthesized as a 62-kDa precursor protein, which, after cleavage by furin-like protease, is secreted as 25-kDa disulfide-linked dimmer. GDF-15/MIC-1 is weakly produced under baseline condition in most tissues such as brain, liver, kidney, pancreas, but not normally in many other organs including the heart, and is highly expressed in placenta and moderately in prostate. GDF-15 is upregulated by cardiovascular events triggering oxidative stress, including pressure overload, and atherosclerosis. Moreover, increased circulating GDF-15 concentrations have been linked to an enhanced risk of future adverse cardiovascular events in elderly woman and it was describe as a new biomarker of the risk of death in patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome. Serum GDF-15 concentrations increase in maternal serum with advancing gestation in normal pregnancy. Low GDF-15 concentrations reportedly are associated with an increased risk of preterm labor or miscarriage.