Frozen. Upon receipt, store the product at the temperature recommended below.
Store the kit at -20°C. Under these conditions, assay components are stable till the expiry date is over. (See the expiry date indicated on the kit label).
Below, links to independent papers developing and using Two-Tailed PCR can be found
- Androvic P, Valihrach L, Elling J, Sjoback R, Kubista M. Two-tailed RT-qPCR: a novel method for highly accurate miRNA quantification. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Sep 6;45(15):e144. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkx588. PMID: 28911110; PMCID: PMC5587787. See more on PubMed
- Damayanti F, Lombardo F, Masuda JI, Shinozaki Y, Ichino T, Hoshikawa K, Okabe Y, Wang N, Fukuda N, Ariizumi T, Ezura H. Functional Disruption of the Tomato Putative Ortholog of HAWAIIAN SKIRT Results in Facultative Parthenocarpy, Reduced Fertility and Leaf Morphological Defects. Front Plant Sci. 2019 Oct 14;10:1234. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2019.01234. PMID: 31681360; PMCID: PMC6801985. See more on PubMed
- Anna BB, Grzegorz B, Marek K, Piotr G, Marcin F. Exposure to High-Intensity Light Systemically Induces Micro-Transcriptomic Changes in Arabidopsis thaliana Roots. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Oct 16;20(20):5131. doi: 10.3390/ijms20205131. PMID: 31623174; PMCID: PMC6829545. See more on PubMed
- Click here for more papers citing Two-tailed PCR
- For research use only.
- The total assay time is less than 1 hours.
- The kit measures specific miRNA in biological fluids.
- Components of the kit are provided ready to use.
Autoimmunity, Immune Response, Infection and Inflammation, Oncology
MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small non-coding RNA molecules, approximately 22 nucleotides in length that regulate gene translation through silencing or degradation of target mRNAs. They are involved in multiple biological processes, including differentiation and proliferation, metabolism, hemostasis, apoptosis or inflammation, and in pathophysiology of many diseases. Numerous studies have suggested circulating miRNAs as promising diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers of many diseases.
miR-16, located on the 13q14 chromosome, was initially found to be related to chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Studies reveal that miR-16 is down-regulated and plays a tumor suppressive role by affecting cell proliferation, cell cycle, invasion and apoptosis in different types of malignancies, such as breast cancer, lung cancer, ovarian cancer, osteosarcoma and prostate cancer. In contrast, other studies have reported that miR-16 is up-regulated in renal cell carcinoma and espohageal squamous cell carcinoma where it acts as an oncogene by inducing cellular proliferation and migration and reducing apoptosis.
The level of miR-16-5p was significantly decreased in plasma of systemic lupus erythematosus patients compared with healthy controls and also in serum of patients with rheumatoid arthritis compared to healthy controls.