qPCR miRNA screening panel
The osteomiR TM kit enables the simple and standardized analysis of specific circulating microRNAs in human serum and plasma, which reflect bone quality.
The kit contains 19 individual bone-related biomarkers which
- are associated to bone microstructure and histomorphometry
- are significantly regulated in patients with osteoporotic fractures
- are BMD-independent risk factors for osteoporotic fracture
- regulate bone formation and resorption via multiple pathways
- are novel biomarkers for bone disease, which can easily be detected in serum and plasma
All-In-One kit: the osteomiR TM kit includes all reagents for the RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, Preparation of PCR Mix, real time PCR analysis, data analysis: tailored software.
200 μL of human serum
It is intended for research use only.
Each kit comprises the following components:
Serum RNA extraction kit containing all reagents, spin columns and collection tubes
The RT-qPCR chemistry comprising spike-in controls, all reagents for cDNA
synthesis and the miGreen PCR Mix;
Primer-coated qPCR plates in 96 well or 384 well format
Bone and cartilage metabolism
The osteomiR® test enables quantitative analysis of 19 microRNAs in human serum samples. The 19 individual bone and muscle biomarkers are key orchestrators for bone formation and regeneration, osteogenic and osteoblastic differentiation, mineral apposition, osteoporosis risk and fragility fractures. The majority of miRNA is expressed by a variety of cell types including bone cells. The osteomiR® panel can be used as a fingerprint for osteoporosis or a screening tool for bone fitness.