Sandwich ELISA, Biotin-labelled antibody
Serum, Plasma-EDTA, Plasma-Heparin, Plasma-Citrate, Urine, Amniotic fluid
Store the complete kit at 2 8°C. Under these conditions, the kit is stable until the expiration date (see label on the box).
Limit of Detection
- It is intended for research use only
- The total assay time is less than 3.5 hours
- The kit measures prorenin and renin in serum, plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin), urine and amniotic fluid
- Assay format is 96 wells
- Standard is recombinant protein based
- Components of the kit are provided ready to use, concentrated or lyophilized
Blood pressure regulation and NO metabolism, Diabetology - Other Relevant Products
, Renal disease
Prorenin is a glycosylated aspartic protease that consists of 2 homologous lobes and is the precursor of renin. Renin activates the renin-angiotensin system by cleaving angiotensinogen, produced by the liver, to yield angiotensin I, which is further converted into angiotensin II by ACE, the angiotensin-converting enzyme primarily within the capillaries of the lungs. It has been reported that the levels of circulating prorenin (but not renin) are increased in diabetic subjects.