Recombinant Human Tropoelastin is the precursor to elastin, a structural protein made by crosslinking together the water soluble tropoelastin molecules. Elastin provides strength and elasticity and is the main constituent of elastic connective tissue. It allows the tissue to resume its shape after contracting or stretching and is found in the skin, heart, blood vessels, lungs, ligaments, and the bladder.
E. coli-expressed recombinant human tropoelastin is supplied as a lyophilized protein and can be used to coat cell culture surfaces to enhance cell attachment and proliferation.
Amino Acid Sequence
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
Greater than 95.0%
< 10 EU/mL
Reconstitution and Surface Coating Directions
- Reconstitute Tropoelastin with 1mL of sterile 0.25% acetic acid for a final concentration of 1mg/mL.
- Mix gently until solubilized. (Solution may appear slightly opaque.)
- Dilute Tropoelastin solution with sterile 0.25% acetic acid to desired concentration. The typical concentration rage is between 1-50ug/mL. We recommend titration to determine the optimal concentration for the specific application.
- Add diluted Tropoelastin to the cell culture surface.
- Cover and incubate at RT for 1-2 hours.
- Aspirate excess solution and rinse the coated surface with sterile water. Take precautions to avoid scratching the coated surface.
- Tropoelastin coated surface can be now be used.
Cell culture and/or animal studies, In vitro
At ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store the product at the temperature recommended below.
Store at –20°C
This BioVendor product is furnished for LABORATORY RESEARCH USE ONLY. The product may not be used as drugs, agricultural or pesticidal products, food additives or household chemicals.