- ViroReal® Kit SARS-CoV-2 & SARS is an in vitro diagnostic test, based on one-step reverse transcription real-time PCR, for the detection of the N gene of SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV.
- A highly conserved region in all SARS coronavirus clusters of the N gene was chosen as target region. This approach allows universal detection of all so far known SARS-CoV strains including SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-like CoV without discriminating between strains.
- A probe-specific amplification curve at FAM channel indicates the amplification of virus-specific RNA.
- An internal RNA positive control (RNA IPC) is detected in Cy5 channel and is used as RNA extraction as well as RT-PCR inhibition control. The target for the RNA IPC is extracted with the sample.
- For use with the Applied Biosystems® (ABI) 7500 instrument (Thermo Fisher Scientific), LightCycler® 480 II (Roche), cobas Z 480 Analyzer (Roche) and Mx3005P® (Agilent)
- qPCR testing for coronavirus RNA in swabs from respiratory tract
-20±5°C / All reagents can be used till the expiration date indicated on the kit label
Limit of Detection