United States set
Menu Shopping cart $0 Search
Manufactured by BioVendor

21-Hydroxylase (21-OH) Autoantibody ELISA

  • Regulatory status:RUO
  • Type:Sandwich ELISA, Biotin-labelled antibody
  • Species:Human
This product is not available in United States!
Cat. No. Size Price

R21E/96R 96 wells (1 kit)
PubMed Product Details
Technical Data


Sandwich ELISA, Biotin-labelled antibody


In BioVendor’s 21-OH Ab ELISA kit, 21-OH Ab in patients’ sera, reference preparation or calibrators (optional) and controls are allowed to interact with 21-OH coated onto ELISA plate wells.



Sample Requirements

50 μl/well


On blue ice packs. Upon receipt, store the product at the temperature recommended below.


Store the complete kit at 2–8°C. Under these conditions, the kit is stable until the expiration date (see label on the box).

Calibration Range

0.3-100 u/ml

Limit of Detection

0,13 u/ml


Sera from 928 healthy blood donors were tested in the 21-OH Ab ELISA kit. 922 (99.4%) sera were identified as being negative for 21-OH Ab. The remaining 6 (0.6%) of healthy blood donor sera (0.59, 0.93, 1.2, 2.4, >100 and >100 u/mL) were all found to contain IgM antibodies to 21- OH.



  • RUO
  • calibration range 0.3-100u/ml
  • limit of detection 0.13 u/ml
  • positive and negative control

Research topic



The 21-hydroxylase autoantibody (21-OH Ab) ELISA kit is intended for use by professional persons only, for the quantitative determination of 21-OH Ab in human serum. Autoimmune destruction of the adrenal cortex is the most common cause of Addison’s disease and autoantibodies to the adrenal specific enzyme steroid 21- hydroxylase are important markers of adrenal autoimmunity. This can be the case if the disease presents as Addison’s disease or as part of the autoimmune polyglandular syndromes (APS) type I or type II.

Summary References (1)

References to 21-hydroxylase

  • Smith BR, Furmaniak J. Adrenal and gonadal autoimmune diseases. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995 May;80 (5):1502-5
Related Products Docs