At ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store the product at the temperature recommended below.
Store the complete kit at 2–8°C. Under these conditions, the kit is stable until the expiration date (see label on the box).
CV = 5.0%
CV = 5.0%
- Highly specific to mouse albumin.
- Allows rapid assay and can be applied to various automatic analyzers, preferably HITACHI automatic analyzer 7070.
- Simple treatment with ready-made reagent solutions.
- Minimum influence by turbid and hemolytic samples.
- Can measure albumin also in serum samples.
Albumin is mostly a simple hydrophilic protein present in cells and body fluids. Albumin is synthesized in the liver, and serum albumin (69 kDa, pI 4.9) occupies 56–60% of total serum proteins. Because of its large population, albumin is very important in maintaining plasma osmotic pressure. Albumin can bind hydrophobic physiological substances e.g. fatty acids, bilirubin, and thyroxine and contributes the transfer of these substances. Bovine albumin is generally thought to be an inert protein and is commonly used in various incubation media, and especially calf serum is very important component of tissue culture media. This means that if some substances are prepared using tissue- or cell-culture technique, they possible contaminated with bovine albumin. In order to assure product purity bovine albumin in the product has to be estimated. The present highly sensitive ELISA kit will be useful in this kind of estimation.