Sandwich ELISA, Biotin-labelled antibody
At ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store the product at the temperature recommended below.
Store the complete kit at 2–8°C. Under these conditions, the kit is stable until the expiration date (see label on the box).
Limit of Detection
n = 8; CV = 7.1%
n = 5; CV = 8.2%
- bovine Non-detectable
- cat Non-detectable
- dog Non-detectable
- goat Non-detectable
- horse Non-detectable
- hamster Yes (recommended dilution 1:100)
- human Non-detectable
- monkey Non-detectable
- pig Non-detectable
- rabbit Non-detectable
- sheep Non-detectable
- chicken Not tested
- mouse Yes
- rat Yes (recommended dilution 1:200)
- It is intended for research use only.
- The total assay time is less than 3.5 hours.
- The kit measures total Cystatin C in mouse serum.
- Assay format is 96 wells.
- Quality Controls are animal serum based. No human sera are used.
- Standard is recombinant protein based.
- Components of the kit are provided ready to use, concentrated or lyophilized.
Neural tissue markers, Renal disease
Cystatin C is a non-glycosilated basic single-chain protein consisting of 120 amino acids with a molecular weight of 13.36 kDa and is characterized by two disulfide bonds in the carboxy-terminal region. It belongs to the cystatins superfamilly which inactivates lysosomal cysteine proteinases, e.g. cathepsin B, H,.K, L and S. Imbalance between Cystatin C and cysteine proteinases is associated with inflammation, renal failure, cancer, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis and hereditary Cystatin C amyloid angiopathy. Its increased level has been found in patients with autoimune diseases, with colorectal tumors and in patients on dyalisis. Serum Cystatin C seems to be better marker of glomerular filtration rate than creatinine. On the other hand, low concentration of Cystatin C presents a risk factor for secondary cardiovascular events.