Two-Tailed Reverse Transcription
Frozen. Upon receipt, store the product at the temperature recommended below.
Store the kit at -20°C. Under these conditions, assay components are stable till the expiry date is over. (See the expiry date indicated on the kit label).
Below, links to independent papers developing and using Two-Tailed PCR can be found
- Androvic P, Valihrach L, Elling J, Sjoback R, Kubista M. Two-tailed RT-qPCR: a novel method for highly accurate miRNA quantification. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Sep 6;45(15):e144. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkx588. PMID: 28911110; PMCID: PMC5587787. See more on PubMed
- Damayanti F, Lombardo F, Masuda JI, Shinozaki Y, Ichino T, Hoshikawa K, Okabe Y, Wang N, Fukuda N, Ariizumi T, Ezura H. Functional Disruption of the Tomato Putative Ortholog of HAWAIIAN SKIRT Results in Facultative Parthenocarpy, Reduced Fertility and Leaf Morphological Defects. Front Plant Sci. 2019 Oct 14;10:1234. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2019.01234. PMID: 31681360; PMCID: PMC6801985. See more on PubMed
- Anna BB, Grzegorz B, Marek K, Piotr G, Marcin F. Exposure to High-Intensity Light Systemically Induces Micro-Transcriptomic Changes in Arabidopsis thaliana Roots. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Oct 16;20(20):5131. doi: 10.3390/ijms20205131. PMID: 31623174; PMCID: PMC6829545. See more on PubMed
- Click here for more papers citing Two-tailed PCR
- For research use only.
- The total assay time is less than 1 hours.
- The kit measures specific miRNA in biological fluids.
- Components of the kit are provided ready to use.
MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small non-coding RNA molecules, approximately 22 nucleotides in length that regulate gene translation through silencing or degradation of target mRNAs. They are involved in multiple biological processes, including differentiation and proliferation, metabolism, hemostasis, apoptosis or inflammation, and in the pathophysiology of many diseases. Numerous studies have suggested circulating miRNAs as promising diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers of many diseases.
hsa-miR-23a-3p is located in the miR-23a~27a~24-2 cluster. miR-23a-3p has been reported to be upregulated and have a promoting role in several cancer types via targeting various tumor-suppressor genes. It was also observed that up-regulated expression of miR-23a-3p inhibits apoptosis, promotes autophagy and enhances cell colony formation, migration and invasion. Several lines of evidence suggest that dysregulation of miR-23a-3p plays a role in chemoresistance in various types of cancer.
It was also reported that circulating miR-23a-3p may be involved in postoperative atrial fibrillation development. Decreasedevel of miR-23a-3p was observed in serum of women with polycystic ovary syndrome and could serve as an indicator of this syndrome.
Moreover, it has been shown that miR-23a-3p plays important roles in myogenesis of skeletal muscle, fiber type determination or exercise adaptation. Overexpression of miR-23-3p could suppress muscle atrophy both in vitro and in vivo.